Be sure to share the significance of each cake with your kids. Take time to read verses about the Lamb or about the Cross as you make the cake together, or around the table before you eat. I’ve included some suggested verses, below.
Lamb 3D Cake– Jesus is known and the Lamb of God. He was the spotless sacrifice, slain for our sins.
(By the way, here is a great book which thoroughly explains Jesus as the Lamb of God, our Savior: The Lamb by John Cross)
Lamb Verses: We explain to our kids the significance of Jesus as the Lamb of God. We love to sing songs about Jesus as the Lamb as well.
- John 1:36 – And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
- Isaiah 53:7– He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
- Revelation 22:3 – And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
- Revelation 13:8- All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
Cross Cake– The cross bears such significance for the believer. Jesus bore our sins on his own body as he hung on the cross. He suffered and endured the pain and the shame in our place.
We always display our empty tomb centerpiece on our table as well, because it didn’t end with the cross. Jesus didn’t stay on the cross, he was buried in the tomb on the third day, he arose, having paid the price for our sins.
- I Peter 2:24 “and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.”
- Philippians 2:8 “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
- Romans 5:8 – “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Hebrews 12:2 -” Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
- Colossians 2:14 -” Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Setting Your Kids Free - May 18, 2019
- How to Make a Poodle Skirt - May 16, 2019
- Part 3: Obedient Hearts: Obedience- It’s Not Always Easy (a true story illustration) - May 15, 2019