Need a new idea for breakfast?
I always liked to give my kids something warm to eat for breakfast, but certainly didn’t have lots of time (especially on a “school day” morning) to fix anything time consuming. So, muffins have been a great option for our family. I mix up a double batch of muffin mix and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Then each morning, I just spray my muffin tins and pop them in the oven. In minutes the house smells like freshly baked muffins,and I have a warm and simple breakfast to feed my kids. Add a little yogurt or glass of milk and an orange or banana and breakfast is ready. Another plus is that it keeps well, too, if you have little ones who may sleep later than the older kids. It’s ready and waiting for them when they arise.
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 c. ground oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. sour milk*
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- approximately 1 c. chocolate chips
*Note: To make milk sour for baking add 1 Tbsp. vinegar for each cup of milk used.
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Setting Your Kids Free - May 18, 2019
- How to Make a Poodle Skirt - May 16, 2019
- Part 3: Obedient Hearts: Obedience- It’s Not Always Easy (a true story illustration) - May 15, 2019