Peanut Butter Christmas Kiss Cookies have been a long-time Christmas cookie tradition in our home for many, many years. Everyone looks forward to these special sweet treats! This version of the recipe includes colored sprinkles and peppermint kisses!
This is a great cookie recipe for kids to make with you, too, because they can easily help with many of the steps…such as rolling the dough into balls, coating the balls with sugar or sprinkles, unwrapping the chocolate kisses, and also adding the kisses to the cookies.
So, gather your little ones in the kitchen and make some Christmas memories!
Here’s the recipe.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Christmas sprinkles
- Peppermint Hershey’s kisses (any kind work, if you don’t care for peppermint)
Preheat your oven to 350F
Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper
In a large mixing bowl, beat your softened butter with your sugars
Now mix in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla
Then mix in your flour and baking soda
Scoop out some dough and shape it into a ball. Roll the balls in sprinkles or sugar.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes
Let your cookies cool for about 5 minutes and then place a unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss into the top of each cookie and let your cookies cool completely
(if you place the kisses in too soon, they will melt)
CLICK HERE, for more Christmas recipes, Gift Ideas, Traditions, and Memories!
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Building Loving Relationships Within Your Family- Part 4 - May 18, 2018
- Building Loving Relationships Within Your Family- Part 3 - May 18, 2018
- Building Loving Relationships in Your Family – Part 2 - May 18, 2018