This is a great, easy, inexpensive craft for celebrating Washington and Lincoln’s birthdays which are both in February. (This year, President’s Day is Monday, February 20).
Here are the materials you need:
- printer paper
- silhouettes of George Washington and Abe Lincoln, HERE
- glue stick
- black and white construction paper
- print the template
- cut out each silhoutte
- using a glue stick, put glue on the back side of each silhouette
- stick the silhouettes down on construction paper. Put the white silhouette on the black paper and the black silhouette on the white paper
- Next, cut a white back for the black paper and a white back for the black paper to make a “frame ” for each silhoutte
- Using a glue stick, place glue on back side and stick down to the frame of opposite color
- Cut out the name of each president from the template and glue to the bottom of each frame
- There you go. You are done!
We offer a great audio called The True Story of George Washington if you want to learn more about him.
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Building Loving Relationships in Your Family – Part 2 - May 18, 2018
- Building Loving Relationships Within Your Family- Part 1 - May 18, 2018
- True or False? Signers of the Declaration - April 24, 2018