This is wonderful for autumn breakfasts and can be made into muffins, too!
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 2 2/3 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (1lb.) can pumpkin
- 2/3 c. water
- 3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 2/3 c. coarsely chopped nuts
- 2/3 c. raisins (optional)
Heat oven to 350*
Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans or three 8 ½ x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pans.
In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs, pumpkin and water.
Blend in flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in nuts and raisins.
Pour into pans. Bake about 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes our clean.
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Setting Your Kids Free - May 18, 2019
- How to Make a Poodle Skirt - May 16, 2019
- Part 3: Obedient Hearts: Obedience- It’s Not Always Easy (a true story illustration) - May 15, 2019